Hi All! Boy how the time flies. We get so busy with work that Dustin and I hardly even have time to talk with each other. We both still love our jobs and are getting so excited for the holidays. We hope to have good news with our house this week...We will update if we are going to move in officially or if we will be on the hunt for a new home. Pray for us.
On a lighter note I have been wanting to share some of the fun things I hear from my third graders. Honestly, each of these things have come from the mouth of a 8-9 year old.
While getting in line to go somewhere, I said, "We're off" and one of my kids said, "We're off like a new bride's bra."
While talking about the differences between living and non living I was telling them that living things develop. One child tells me, "Excuse me Mrs. Rasmussen, only girls develop, its called boobies."
Again, during the conversation about living and non living. I was (carefully) telling them that living things reproduce and the same 'boobie child' tells me, "Only women have babies so are boys still living? Boys dont reproduce."
Oh boy, I have so much fun with my kids. Sometimes I have no idea how to respond to them but I laugh every day, they are the best.
Someday I will be a good mom with all of the pracitce I get thinking on my feet. :)
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Those are fabulous conversations with children.
I bet you do laugh everyday. I can't believe what kids say. You will have to fill us in on more funnies your students say. And yes, it will make you a wonderful mom!!!
How Hilarious! You just have to write these things down to keep and look back on! Little ones just crack me up! Glad to hear your doing well and love teaching!
It seems like you guys have been very busy! I hope your house works out! Your class sounds so funny!
I miss you sister. You are a cute little teacher. I really miss you!
Post a Comment